The ideal candidate has gained experience in a similar position, from a company operating across the US and Canada. Experience from an industry with a high turnover of hourly paid employees and frequent changes to work sites is desirable.
Including but not limited to:
- Full-cycle accounting:
- General ledger.
- A/P. A/R.
- Cash management.
- Fixed assets
- G/L account reconciliations.
- Payroll management:
- Supervise payroll process for hourly paid employees.
- Manage payroll process for salaried employees.
- Cash and bank management:
- Monitor daily bank activity and create ACH & wires.
- Daily cash-flow management to ensure A/P and payroll obligations are met.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring & Reporting:
- Oversee A/P coding.
- Ensure that all deadlines relating to the accounting function are met.
- Confirm accuracy of operating financial statements and review financial reports to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Maintain records to ensure that internal as well as regulatory needs are met.
- Assist with audits and provide support to outside tax preparers for federal and state tax returns.
- Administer annual state (US) and provincial (CAN) filings.
- Manage the company’s 401(k) plan.
- Worker’s Compensation reporting.
- Financial preparation & review:
- Continuously analyze operations.
- Prepare monthly and annual budgets.
- Assist in preparing individual project budgets.
- Participate in monthly financial review meetings.
- Departmental oversight:
- Manage Staff Accountant.
- Provide coaching to Administrative Assistant.
- Interface with external CPA.
- Executive management support
- Support President with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Liaise with group CFO based in Denmark.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Good typing skills.
- QuickBooks® proficiency.
- Microsoft Office® proficiency.
- Experience working with customer invoicing portals.
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
- Structured and analytical work approach.
- Minimum 5 years of finance/accounting work experience combined with a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 2 years of finance/accounting work experience combined with a Master’s in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly desired.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Employer paid health care including dental and vision.
- Employer paid vacation.
- Company iPhone.
How to submit your resume:
If you have found this posting on an online job site, then please use the site’s submittal process.
For questions please call: Uffe S. Kristiansen, President @ +1 713-703-7362.
FairWind, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, disability, veteran, status, sex, national origin, or any other legally protected status. FairWind, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.